Sunday 22 March 2009

Mustard's Veggie Plot



Started growing veggie in my back garden this year. I'm going to use this as a reference for myself mainly.

OK let's find out where we're up to.

I left it a bit late to start, end of February, digging my garden. I double dug a flower-bed approximately 13'x3.5'. After digging to a spades depth I forked to another spades depth to break up the clayey soil. I then added some compost from by compost bin, some multi-purpose compost, and some fish/bone mix and dug the next trench into the gap where this one was.

I bought 3x Railway sleepers from a local quarry merchant, that was pressure treated with a non-toxic preservative. This was to raise up the bed a little, I also added more multi-purpose compost at this time.

A quick summary of things planted before I started this blog :-

  • 22nd Feb approx date herb seed kit planted
  • 8th March planted inside in propagator Radish - French Breakfast, Tomato - Moneymaker, Tomato 100's & 1000's, and Mint.
  • 12th March planted 3xJersey Royal seed potatoes outside in black dustbin with holes drilled in the bottom. Planted 3 cloves of Garlic found in cupboard in wooden planter. Planted Feverfew outside in a pot.
  • 21st March sowed outside in plot - 3x Elephant Garlic, 11 Solent Wight Garlic, 4x Sweet Pea plants, and 2x Rows Early Nantes 5 Carrot (seed tape)

No comments:

Post a Comment